Search This Blog

Monday 27 July 2015

I'm off on my honeymoon!

Above: A recently released high resolution map of Pluto's surface. courtesy of NASA
Hi everyone, I've just got married so I'm away on my honeymoon until mid august now, but don't worry I'll be back with a vengance before you know it.

In the meantime, here are a few predictions for the time period I'm away:

  • As  more data comes down from New Horizons our Picture Pluto will get more complex, including the presence of prebiotic molecules on the surface and near surface.
  • There will be at least one speculative article published on the possibility of life beneath the surface of Pluto - either earth like life near the core or life in cryogenic liquids (IE liquid nitrogen or methane) in the near sub surface.
  • Charon will be revealed to have had a tortured and geologically active early history.
  • Ceres will become a scientific arguing point, as evidence for activity and 'hazes' there is presented to the world.
  • The Philae lander will continue to make intermittent contact with its Rosetta mothership.
  • I will spend the next three weeks on a beach doing solar astronomy with my tan. :D
Be happy everyone,

John

No comments:

Post a Comment